I am unashamedly one of those creatives who gets really excited about the Pantone colour of the year. While I wasn’t particularly fond of 2017’s Greenery or 2018’s Ultra Violet, there’s something about Living Coral that electrifies me.
I was fully expecting 2019’s colour of the year to be burnt orange – something that alluded to drought and fire. Living Coral is tonally close, yet feels totally opposite – juicy, youthful, playful, a little bit kitschy. It feels like lipgloss, lollipops and kissing on a pier. All that is to say – I’m totally into it.
With that in mind, I’ve gathered a dozen of my favourite pieces on sale right now so you can get ahead on the trend.
- I love Isa Arfen and wish I led the kind of life that involved Serafina Sama’s dresses. £588 for sunshine made solid – what more could you want?
- I’m such a Rejina Pyo stan and am so happy she’s getting the mainstream attention she deserves. This sunset-hued number is my favourite piece from the SS19 collection and can be yours for £375.
- If your budget doesn’t quite stretch to ready-to-wear, how about lip and cheek tint? £13 from & Other Stories.
- This bias-cut skirt from Topshop is sure to fly off the racks – the Réalisation-esque silhouette goes with everything. At £26, it’s a steal.
- Danse Lente aren’t going away any time soon. The Margot tote, £425, is another jolie laide creation that I’m into – it’s a very ‘throw it all in’ bag.
- Roxanne Assoulin’s Swarovski drop earrings are clip-on, so you can enjoy them even without pierced lobes. £160 at Net-a-porter.
- This Caroline Constas gingham top is calling my name, and it’s on sale – £145 for the perfect Brigitte Bardot inspired look.
- Leave it to Christian Louboutin to make heels you want to suffer in. The classic Pigalle Follies 100 look delectable in sugary coral silk, £545.
- Just go straight-up coral reef with Louis Vuitton’s SS15 Monogram Ramages collection, £862 via Farfetch.
- JW Anderson’s jumpers are my life six months of the year – this embroidered sweatshirt is cute and pretty affordable at 156 euros.
- Cult Gaia have a talent for cranking out summer favourites – and the Luna in cherry quartz is no exception. Snap it up on sale for $278 (£219) via cultgaia.com.
- These Tibi Alexis boots are everything – candy-pink with a soft sheen and sculptural heel, £333 at The Outnet.